EAI HealthWear 2021 will be held as a fully-fledged online conference.
In 2020, EAI successfully launched an online conference format to ensure the safety, comfort and quality of experience for attendees and a successful course of the events, all while retaining fully live interaction, publication and indexing. Due to the unrelenting global pandemic, this will also be the case in 2021.
Although we will miss having everyone meet and connect in person, we feel strongly that knowledge exchange must continue, if not more so. That is why we have equipped our online conferences with live viewing with chat, virtual Q&A, and a multitude of other measures to provide you with a great experience. Learn more about EAI’s online conferences.
It is estimated that today globally there exist more than 9 million wearable and 22 billion smart mobile devices, which are expected to grow exponentially in the coming years. These wearable and smart mobile devices are widely being utilized to capture many health and fitness parameters for monitoring normal people, patients, and higher quality of life (QoL) for ageing citizens. The business ecosystem based on consumer oriented wearable self-tracking devices, smartphone apps and related services is being developed. Various methods have been devised to collect data as well as analyses using data mining, machine learning, deep learning, statistics, information science, sociology, and psychology. Such techniques provide new opportunities to enrich the understanding of individual and population health. Data from wearable devices provide better measures of everyday behaviour and lifestyle, can complement more traditional clinical data collection, and pandemic analyses for a finer and comprehensive picture of individual and public health.
HealthWear will bring together researchers, developers, designer and industry professionals from both Healthcare community and University to discuss key issues, opportunities and obstacles for personal and public health data research. These include challenges of capturing, summarizing, presenting and retrieving relevant information from heterogeneous sources to support a new vision of pervasive personal healthcare.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
The works that will be presented at conference will focus on the following topics:
- Wearable devices and systems
- Printable and Flexible electronics
- mHealth and/or eHealth
- Personal Health Informatics
- Pervasive Health
- Wearable for Ambient Assist Living
- Smart Glass, wearable imaging, projection devices
- Earable devices
- Activity Monitoring and Devices
- Healthcare Knowledge Representation & Reasoning
- Health Data acquisition, analysis and mining
- Validity, reliability, usability and effectiveness of Self-Tracking devices
- Social and Psychological investigation into Self-Tracking devices
- Health Monitoring in clinical and lifestyle environments
- Sensors and actuators for Wellness, Fitness and Rehabilitation
- Innovative Algorithms for assessment
- Life Coaching
- Medical Self-diagnostics
- Healthcare and edge computing
- Deep-learning for wearable signals analysis
- Wearable technology in medicine and health care
- Wearable technology for medical applications
- Wearable systems for clinical and biomedical uses
- Wearable sensor technology for health monitoring
- Wearable sensor technology for rehabilitation
- Wearable technology and preventative healthcare
- Health wearables and health tracking
- Wearable medical devices for tele-home healthcare
- Clinical effectiveness of health wearables
- Privacy, security and consumer protection
- Ubiquitous Input Devices
- Wearable fashion
- Experiment Design
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, such as Web of Science, EI Engineering Index (Compendex and Inspec databases), DBLP, EU Digital Library, Google Scholar, IO-Port, MathSciNet, Scopus, Zentralblatt MATH.
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Pervasive Health and Technology (Open Access) – indexed in Scopus & Ei Compendex
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
(titles in this series are indexed in Ei Compendex, Web of Science & Scopus)
Papers should be submitted through EAI ‘Confy+‘ system, and have to comply with the Springer format (see Author’s kit section).
All conference papers undergo a thorough peer review process prior to the final decision and publication. This process is facilitated by experts in the Technical Program Committee during a dedicated conference period. Standard peer review is enhanced by EAI Community Review which allows EAI members to bid to review specific papers. All review assignments are ultimately decided by the responsible Technical Program Committee Members while the Technical Program Committee Chair is responsible for the final acceptance selection. You can learn more about Community Review here.
Late Track – Updates!
Full Paper Submission deadline
3 October 2021 18 October 2021 (extended)
17 October 2021 27 October 2021 (extended)
7 November 2021
Main Track – Updates!
Full Paper Submission deadline
10 September 2021
17 October 2021 (extended)
7 November 2021 (extended)